I love you not because you are pretty,
But because you are short.

I love you not because you are demanded,
But because my heart throbs when I am with you.

I love you not because you are lonely,
But because you add on to my being alive.

I love you not because you like Bollywood movies,
But because you are the tune I feel like humming all the time.

I love you not because I am striving to get love,
But because you shine like morning in my weeping nights.

I love you not because the clock fleets for ageing,
But because you are the time I want to freeze in.

I love you not because you are the topper of the class,
But because you make doltish acts while walking.

I love you not because you like lighted chandeliers,
But because you can be the moonlight for the veiled room.

I love you not because you are curvy to every angle,
But because you are the breath I feel freshened when taken.

I love you not because you are the daughter of some merchant or man of power,
But because you have been owning something upon which I survive :  my heart,

Where you reside.

~Akankshya Das. 🌸

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog