THE MANNEQUIN (I).

Though at times I want to dress in green,
But as my built says,
Obedient is what I have always been,
And I am known as the Mannequin.

I am the one who observes you all bit by bit,
You come to our home,
And by silence is how I greet.

I see faces and faces all day long,
Some tired,some exhausted,
Some happy and some in gong.

Every day, every hour,  and every minute the faces change,
They flashed and went and flashed and went.

But once by a glimpse,
I remained startled for a moment,
The feeling emerged in me,
Felt like my biggest achievement,
It was a face unknown,
With sharp noticeable features,
He went to the side departments to get the purple covers.

Though always the faces came, went and altered,
This was the time when just one face mattered,
I so wanted him to enter the department of clothes,
Where I was standing eagerly waiting,
And this one thought of not being able to see him again kept me bothered.

When my tickling sensations of waiting went all down my spine,
I was disturbed by a muse,
" Am I even justified to keep such feelings inside ?
What am I ?
Just a dead statue with hands, legs and breasts?
Where I can't even choose of what to wear and what to dress !
I don't think the word liberty, equality, fraternity are for me,
Because people cannot hear me out nor do they know I can see,
So how far am I qualified to keep emotions such ?
To love or hope for being loved is just like asking too much ! "

Living in my thoughts and tackling the reality,
I gave the power to my hazy conceptions,
And stood as I stand,
Looking at faces as they flashed.

 ~ Akankshya Das. 🌸

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog